I kissed my boyfriend on the cheek and i have cold sore that is healing. its a tiny scab now on my lip, will he get a cold sore on the cheek now?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Very unlikely: First, it sounds like your oral herpes was well on the way to healing and likely no longer infectious. Second, herpes transmission usually requires much more intense exposure than a brief kiss on the cheek. Third, up to half of all young adults have HSV1, the cause of oral herpes, usually without having known outbreaks): If he was previously infected, he is immune to a new infection with HSV1.

Last updated Nov 29, 2020