Red Lodge, MT

after a bronchoscopy my 16 mo boy still has no specific dx. they said his lungs were "smooth" &had to use hypertonic to clean out. what does this mean?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Makes no sense: Unless they meant a lot of thick smooth mucus was present. A smooth airway needs no cleaning out.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Report information: I would suggest obtaining a copy of the bronchoscopy report to clarify the details. The bronchoscopy report will include details on the appearance of the airway, which I am interpreting from your comments was normal. The procedure can include a lavage ( wash out) to collect fluid to analyze in the lab. I would suggest requesting the results of the lavage for more information.

Last updated Jul 27, 2014