I have multiple lung nodules with a history of oral cancer. Bronchoscopy was benign, but nodules could not be reached.. Chances this metastatic?

Dr. Myron Arlen
63 years experience in Surgical Oncology
Could be metastatic: Lesions of lung associated with oral cancer is not that uncommon. Higher possibility of such disease in lung would correlate better if cervical nodes had been present initially. Bx is essential to initiate therapy if needed. A PET/CAT could indicate possibility of lung mets. Thorascopic bx would be helpful for deciding on definitive management.
Answered on Nov 14, 2016
1