Twin Falls, ID

I don't think it is common for oral cancer to be on both cheeks, tongue and lip at same time, an i wrong? what else could bumps and sore area be?

Pathology 45 years experience
Candida?: I'm betting this is a superficial infections. If it's white and scrapes off, it's probably oral candida. Your physician can identify this or some of the common viruses.
Pathology 45 years experience
Provided original answer
Autoimmunity is of course also a consideration. If you are taking medication, please let your physician know as well -- drug reactions can begin in the mouth.
Apr 8, 2014
Dr. Kevin Daly
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Mouth sores: I agree with you that this would not be expected in an oral cancer. You should get it looked at though. More likely this is a viral or fungal infection but it can also be from an autoimmune problem (where your immune system damages your own body) or reaction to medication.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
Exam needed: You are correct in your thinking that this is not cancer. There are many causes of mouth sores. The only way to know for sure what is going on is to, have an examination by a dentist.
Last updated Oct 4, 2015