U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Stanford, CA
A 27-year-old female asked:

I used to have a blackhead on my cheek that has now grown into a big clogged pore that appear as a lump under the skin on my cheek. please help me. tx?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Laurence Fox
Specializes in Family Medicine
Sebacious Cyst: See dermatologist for removal. Don't squeeze as it might rupture and turn into abscess. Home treatment includes warm wet compresses to see it it opens on own.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.