FL

Gum recession: what do you think of dr. chao's pinhole surgical technique that is incision and suture free for treating the "lost cells" around teeth?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
In my opinion: In my opinion which is also based upon discussing this question with a periodontist whom I have the utmost respect for- that surgical procedure is really just a variation of similar conventional techniques and not necessarily any better. I would place more value in case selection, skill of periodontist and patient compliance as to success of procedure.
Dr. Mike Moore
44 years experience
Pinhole technique: This technique while interesting, and only semi-invasive, has not shown to be the treatment of choice, in my opinion. Gingival recession is a multifactorial problem, and the treatment there of often requires a multi-discipline approach, involving periodontal treatment, gingival maintenance, and properly place restorations to effect the proper balance for the specific mouth being treated.
Last updated Apr 23, 2014