Burlington, NJ

I recently was told i had a bacterial vaginitis i used vaginal cream and had antibiotics but the symptoms got worst does that mean it was not cured?

Dr. Olga Nilova
Specializes in Pediatrics
Not cured: Yes, it means that either you were treating a wrong thing or the bacteria causing symptoms was resistant to antibiotic you got. Please contact your doctor.
Dr. John Munshower
Maybe: If you still have symptoms and they are even worse, than seek another exam for treatment you may still need.
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Gynecologist: You need to follow-up with your gyn. Your issue may not be completely treated at this time or you may need a different regimen.
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 24 years experience
Maybe: Sometimes you may need multiple courses of antibiotics to clear up infection especially if the bacteria is resistant to antibiotics you have taken. I recommend getting re-examined and tested.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016