I fell today and got an egg size bump on my head, i iced it but it still hurts a lot, how long till i feel better and what should i do about it?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Lynch answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

These bumps on the head can be very dangerous. That said most likely you have a small superficial bleeding under the skin which will take us several days to resolve; keep putting ice on it. Take some pain reliever. Especially if you blacked out or lost consciousness you should be hyperware for dizziness blurred vision or any other worrisome sign. In that case you should go to the emergency room.

Answered Apr 9, 2016

4.3k views