Greeley, CO

I fell today and got an egg size bump on my head, i iced it but it still hurts a lot, how long till i feel better and what should i do about it?

Dr. Brian Lynch
Bump on head: These bumps on the head can be very dangerous. That said most likely you have a small superficial bleeding under the skin which will take us several days to resolve; keep putting ice on it. Take some pain reliever. Especially if you blacked out or lost consciousness you should be hyperware for dizziness blurred vision or any other worrisome sign. In that case you should go to the emergency room.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Diane Minich
Like any bruise can: Take a few days to a week or two. Signs of a serious head injury are a severe headache, repeated vomiting, blurred or double vision. If you have these go to er. In the meantime ice for 20 minutes at a time and use an otc pain reliever.
Last updated Jan 9, 2021