United Kingdom (Great Britain)

hi i'm 17 and i've always had knock knees. is there a surgery that can be performed or some other kind of treatment that can correct this?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 23 years experience
Rarely necessary: Knock-knees is also called genu valgus. Although this can be a contributing factor in some knee and other lower extremity conditions, it rarely requires surgery unless severe. You are also skeletally mature at age 17 as a female, and thus, it's unlikely that these "knock knees" will increase in the next couple of decades. The most important thing you can do is stay fit ; stay at a healthy weight.