U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old female asked:

I tore meniscus again! (same knee) resident mentioned prp or using joint lubricant injection instead of surgery. is this valid treatment vs. surgery? or is it just a we can try this but... knee is very painful. best option?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 57 years experience
Maybe but: You need a knee specialist to evaluate you. There may be multiple options but this needs clarifcation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 11, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.