U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Can you explain if it's possible to have mono with a normal cbc blood test?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Fox
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Yes it is possible: The best way to determine if you have mono is to do a monospot test or do a blood test for the epstein barr virus igm titer. If positive it would tell you that you have mononucleosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.