i'm scared that my teeth will erode if i brush it too much. can it?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Tooth erosion: You are correct. Too much brushing, especially with a hard bristled toothbrush and abrasive toothpaste can erode tooth structure over time.
Dr. Howard Spector
Orthodontics 40 years experience
Brush your teeth!: Do not be afraid to brush your teeth! the material on the outside of our teeth is called enamel, the hardest material in our bodies. It is important to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and to brush using the proper motion (ie. In small circles). Brush with a fluoridated tooth paste. Set up an appointment with a dentist for proper instruction and to ask for answers to your questions.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Tooth brushing: Use a soft toothbrush. You do not need to scrub hard to clean your teeth, be gentle with your toothbrush. Excessive force can damage your teeth and gums.