Decatur, GA

im 39 weeks pregnant with yeast infection. doctor said use monistat 3. 3 hours later woke up with painful cramping in belly. could monistat hurt my baby if i'm dilated and so close to being due?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
No it wont: I don't think so. You are 39 weeks- soon you will be in labor. Your painful cramping that woke you up were likely contractions. You may be in labor any time. Take it easy and enjoy your baby soon.
Dr. Marsha Davis
No: Monistat could not hurt the baby. You could be starting labor. Follow dr. Directions if you are having regular contractions.
Dr. Diane Minich
Monistat: Should nor hurt the baby. Labor? Call your OB and let them know your symptoms.
Dr. Nicole Bullock
monistat is safe during pregnancy. a yeast infection itself could cause cramping.
Mar 21, 2014