OK

I'm 4-6 weeks pregnant and they gave me amoxacilain for a chest cold. i got a yeast infection while i was taking the amoxacilain. i did 1 does of monistat. should i stop taking amoxacilain and monistat? now i'm burning since i took monistat.

Dr. Gerardo Guerra Bonilla
Bacterial vaginosis : Antibiotics are usually not recommended for common colds. Antibiotics can change the pH and the "good bacteria" in the vagina. Making it more prone to conditions like bacterial vaginosis. A visit to the doctor is warranted before starting treatment. Over the counter treatments are not recommended.
Last updated Nov 15, 2015