Lexington, KY

i have a sharp pain on the side of my right shoulder its hurts to lift my arm over my head?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Any trauma/injury?: If so, cool compresses and rest for a week after occurred and see how it does. If no improvement, or if no history of injury/trauma/overuse, see an orthopedist for imaging and evaluation as to source.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Need Consultation: Rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint, keeping the head of your upper arm bone firmly within the shallow socket of the shoulder. A rotator cuff injury can cause a dull ache in the shoulder, which often worsens when you try to sleep on the involved side. Failure to treat will result in a frozen shoulder.
Dr. Diane Minich
Possible: Rotator cuff injury. See an orthopedic surgeon to get proper teeratment to avoid complications such as a frozen shoulder.