U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old male asked:

My baby is suffering from facial nerve palsy due to birth trauma (as she cannot close her one eye and move her lip of left side while crying) please help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Complex: If this is a rather recent birth, there may be spontaneous resolution within the next 6-8 weeks, but if this has been chronic, likely best to see a pediatric neurosurgeon, and discuss management. There may be some remote benefit to some medications and perhaps vitamin b-1, thiamine, and even less potential with steroids, but might be worth checking into.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.