can stress or further head trauma cause the symptoms of cerebral palsy to get worse?

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
No: The morbidity & mortality of cerebral palsy relate to the severity of the condition & concomitant medical complications, such as respiratory and gastrointestinal difficulties. In patients with quadriplegia, the likelihood of epilepsy, extrapyramidal abnormalities, and severe cognitive impairment is greater than in those with diplegia or hemiplegia. Bottom line: severity of CP may increase risk.
Yes: If you are asking about cognitive impairment or movement problems, additional brain injury can worsen these issues. CP by itself describes the movement & other impairments caused by a single event during brain development. That injury is stable. The impairment may seem to worsen as a kid ages because more deficits become apparent. Stress causes anyone to perform below their potential.