Brazil

male, 35 years. rbc results: total rbc 4.57, hgb:13.7g/dl, hct: 39, 8%. are these values too low for a man? wbc normal, platelets normal.thanks

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
No, they are fine: Your HGB is fine(it ranges from 13-16 grams in men). So do not worry about it!
Dr. Louis Cooper
May be okay: The numbers you offered may be okay if the trend in your numbers has always been in this range. If you have a variant hemoglobin, your numbers may be lower. Please discuss this with your doctor--also history of nosebleeds, blood in stool will be important to verify. Hope all will be good.
Pathology 44 years experience
Stop worrying: These are fine, big fellow. Reference ranges are set so that a few percent of healthies fall outside on either end. If you're a vegetarian, a frequent blood donor, or think you may have blood loss, you're welcome to have your iron status checked.
Pathology 49 years experience
No: Your hb is barely below the normal limit for a male, however, it should not be a cause for concern if it stays stable.