NV
A 61-year-old male asked about a 60-year-old female:

my wife had surgery for hiatal hernia repair and gall bladder removal 2 days ago. she has constant nausea- how long should this last?

Dr. Milton Mintz
If only 2 days post: Op, ; with no pain, just a couple of days more ambulate if you can- my spouse was actually laid up for over a week with post op symptoms.
Dr. Charles Breaux
Pediatric Surgery 39 years experience
It will probably ...: Resolve in the next few days. 2 days postop is still very early postop -- the stomach and intestines may still be somewhat sluggish. Her surgeon should be able to prescribe some kind of anti-nausea medicine. If it continues to be a bothersome problem, follow-up with the surgeon.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Pain medications?: If you are taking pain medications, they may cause nausea. However if this is not the case and the problem has been present for more than a week or getting worse at any time, do check with the surgeon asap.