how do you get leg swelling down?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Edema: Leg elevation. Need to find the cause for swelling in order to treat accordingly (check heart, lungs, liver, blood pressure, infection and many other conditions). Avoid salt. Some conditions happen on both legs other in one leg (ie, blood clots) see doctor.
Dr. Scott Koppel
Podiatry 28 years experience
Compression hose: There are many causes of leg swelling or edema including vein disease, medication, kidney or heart conditions, and lymphatic disease. Elevation or support hose can help, but ideally you need to see a physician to determine the cause to ensure appropriate treatment.