would an oncologist or an endocrinologist be good at getting my armour thyroid dosage correct, i asked to switch from t4. endo's don't live in my area?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Diane Minich
Endocrinologist: Or a primary care doctor. An oncologist deals with cancer and would not be able to help you.
Answered on Mar 8, 2014
Dr. John Munshower
Endo: The thyroid gland definitely falls under the purview of the endocrinologist, who studied the thyroid in detail as part of their training. Most internists and board certified family medicine physicians can treat this if you have no endo doctors in your area.
Answered on Mar 9, 2014