GB

I've been having episodes of severe abdomen pain on the rght side underneath my ribs and centre above my belly button crp was 114 alt 340 recent blood tests now normal liver scan booked what is wrong?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Various causes: Discomfort under the right rib cage could be due to muscle strain, gall stones, gall bladder inflammation, liver inflammation, pancreatic inflammation, or problems involving the base of the right lung. Sometimes sludge in the gallbladder is the problem and is not able to be seen on ultrasound. For repeated attacks, consult a general surgeon for evaluation.
Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Liver Gall bladder: Liver and the gall bladder are the two organs on right upper quadrant of abdomen where you hurt so most likely are the cause of pain rarely inflammation of the ribs and intercostal nerves can cause pain in this area as well you are getting some of the tests done already hopefully you will the answer after the scan in the mean time try to stop drinking alcohol and see if that helps good luck.
Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice 51 years experience
? Gall gall bladder: I would go immediately to an ultrasound of the gall bladder if you have not had that. If it is negative, you should have a hida nuclear medicine scan to look for biliary dyskinesia. If either are positive, you should see a surgeon about a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. If negative, you should see a GI specialist for further evaluation.

Last updated Apr 24, 2015