A member asked:

I am taking norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) 10-325 after my surgery. they make too drowy is there something else i can take just to take to knock off the edge?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. George Arcos answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Yes: The opioid analgesic in Norco is hydrocodone. 10mg is the higher strength level. Other options include; tramadol, tylenol (acetaminophen) with codeine, or a lower dosage of hydrocodone at 5mg. If your surgeon is not opposed , a combination of NSAID 's such as alleve or Ibuprofen , along with a low dose analgesic , work best.

Answered 6/30/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor