U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I've had my period for 18 days, it's heavily w/ large clots. will a doctor prescribe me something to stop this? or do i just let it keep going?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Anthony Propst
Fertility Medicine 30 years experience
Heavy period: I recommend that you see your doctor. He or she can do an evaluation and can often treat the bleeding medically.
Last updated Mar 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.