A member asked:

What to do if i'm getting flashbacks from 5 years ago when my mum and step dad got divorced.?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Flashbacks OR: Painful memories? If you have unhappy memories or thoughts cropping up - talk with a friend, relative or pastor. If this is not helping sufficiently consider seeing a therapist to work through and past this. Take care.

Answered 3/25/2014


Dr. Barbara Lavi answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

I agree with : Dr fowler. If you are having flashbacks, it must have been a pretty traumatic break up. You may want to consider emdr (eye movement desensitization reprocessing) which is very helpful for reprocessing traumatic life events.

Answered 10/22/2017



Related Questions