Australia

Just high blood pressure or crisis high blood pressure? 2day my blood pressure was 167/110. get these attacks all the time. dr thinks pheochromocytoma

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
You're Stressed out: If your abdominal ct/mri scan doe snot show a tumor on your adrenal gland, you are unlikely to have pheochromocytoma. I would advise you to practice relaxation by means of daily exercise(walking would be great, provided you do it for 30-60 minutes daily) and reduce stress in your life(simplify it). Monitor your BP at home and quit worrying about it as long as it remains.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Your blood pressure: Is high, but not at life-threatening levels. Pheochromocytoma is one of many causes of hypertension, but it is rare. Only blood tests and ct scan will tell whether or not you have it. Continue to follow your doctor's advice.

Last updated Nov 3, 2015