U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Irvine, California
A 32-year-old female asked:

Im 156 cm and weight 61 kg i know im in the normal but i want to gain more weight, are there any shakes to gain weight not mass pleaseeee!

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Do it safely!: Have your family physician recommend a clinical nutritionist, who can work with you on this issue. They can recommend nutritional products that are not high in calories, but high in nutrition, or even things you can change your diet to help you do this. You do not want to take the sugary, high calorie, protein or non-protein drinks, that aren't nutritious.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 26, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.