Phoenix, AZ

babies in walkers causes pigeon toe?

Dr. Ira Rubin
Born with pigeon toe: The old walkers are not safe and not made anymore because they are not safe. Too many toddlers fell down stairs. They were not known to cause pigeon toes. There are different causes ranging from twisted ankles or feet at birth to hips that grew onward at an older age.
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
No: Pigeon toe (internal rotation of the foot) is usually due to tightness in the hip or less commonly due to torsion on the tibia. As baby matures and gains full control of the klegs it usually becomes less pronounced. Walkers do not cause it they just allow an inmature musculo skeletal system to do somwthing a bit wearlier than they are usually able to.