Canada

My drug plan through work no longer covers cymbalta (duloxetine). i take this for general anxiety. is there an alternative i can take that would be less costly?

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
Depends: I don't know how drug plans work in Canada, but here south of the border, Cymbalta (duloxetine) isn't resorted to unless the patient has tried and failed a number of other drugs; or, if they also have a pain condition that Cymbalta (duloxetine) is approved to treat. If that doesn't apply to you, then many of the later-generation antidepressants and anxiolytics are now available as generics.

Last updated May 22, 2016