Spring Valley, CA

Aftr tooth pulled can u taste an infection drain if there is one im having weird taste in my mouth & swallowing i taste in my chest start 2 days later?

Dr. Nathaniel Chan
21 years experience
Absolutely.: If there was a large infection and a significant amount of pus building up, it can continue for several days after the tooth is extracted. That being said, with the tooth gone and the source of the infection gone, there will be no new pus forming, whatever was inside simply needs to drain and clear.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
Very possible: Go back to dentist for a post op. Exam -you may have to be placed on antibiotics if infection is present or just may need to rinse with hydrogen peroxide.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020