right cheek clicks, but now my left jaw is paining especially when i open it. i know its tmj but can i have some real solutions? my dentist is useless

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
TMJoint: Real solutions can be obtained by a local dentist with extensive training and experience treating patients with tmd (temporomandibular joint dysfunction). There are many palliative, preventative and treatment methods available. This has to be evaluated and customized to your specific situation. It can't be merely given to you over the internet without a clinical evaluation.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Tmj: You need to find a dentist that is knowledgable in tmj. There is no speciality for this. Many prosthodontist, oral surgeons and some general dentists have the training and knowledge. In the short term use ice pack, soft diet, and ibuprophen, if you can take this, for the pain.
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Dr. Ron E. Bell commented
Cosmetic Dentistry 45 years experience
I see better short term results with moist heat as opposed to an ice pack.
Feb 8, 2014
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Need to know cause: Tmj stiffnesss can be a symptom, that if left untreated, can lead to more severe problems. The cause of the problem is very significant and normally, if you experience popping/clicking and limited opening (locking) or closing of the jaw. See a tmj/tmd specialist before your suffering becomes enhanced. You can check for TMJ specialists in your area at website: www.Aacfp.Org.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
See TMJ expert: Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.