Canada

a doctor said i have a minor throat infection and prescribed me prednisone and amoxicillin. is there anything else i can do to help combat it?

Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 39 years experience
If needed, try:: Should be self limited, but can try: 1) gargle at least once each hour with 1 tsp of salt dissolved in 8 fl oz of warm water 2) nonprescription throat lozenges, such as sucrets maximum strength are safe and effective and have medicine (local anesthetic) that numbs the throat to soothe pain 3) do not smoke or use other tobacco products 4) try a nonprescription medicine to help treat your sore pain.
Dr. Malina Milan
Ibuprofen , gargling: You could also try Ibuprofen for the pain and gargling with warm salt water. Otherwise with the antibiotic and the Prednisone you should recover soon. Make sure to take the medications as prescribed and finish the course of antibiotics.