Please tell me, could you tell me why we don't have a blind spot when both eyes are open?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
Brain compensation: The brain is the actual site of vision and it compensates for permanent things in the vision. Both of your eyes have a blind spot, a spot with no light receptors where the nerve exits, which can be mapped out by your ophthalmologist in a test called visual field. Your brain has learned to ignore these holes in the vision and fills them in so you are not aware of them being present.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.