Canada

waking up with numb arms, hands and legs. like theyre asleep. 6 months now. and if i sit my legs fall asleep even just a few mins. recent diagnosis ofiron def and ms and ank spond. what now?

Neurology 52 years experience
Further testing: Your description suggests potential sensitivity to nerve compression, and raises question of possible peripheral neuropathy, even of small fibre origin. Cannot help confirm ms, as you could possess brain lesions of alternative cause. You can sort all of this out with EMG study, maybe skin punch biopsy, and even spinal fluid analysis. Discuss thee issues with your neurologist.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Continue: With the doctor who made the diagnosis of ms or consider asking them for a referral to a neurologist or rheumatologist who specializes in ms.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Consider this:: Waking up with numb hands often suggests carpal tunnel syndrome, you should also consider this. Iron deficiency usually responds pretty well to iron therapy. There are also treatments for MS and AS. Your medical provider who diagnosed these must be planning some kind of treatment regimen for you!