U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lewiston, ME
A 18-year-old male asked:

I'm 18 and i weight about 118 and i really want to gain weight a healthy one and today my brother got me mass-tech is there anything i should worry about?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Yes: Worry about anything that's not "food from the farm". Normal healthy people gain weight just fine, eating healthy foods that are not overly processed. Supplements are not needed. One's regular doctor can check to see if there is a hormonal problem or other condition, if a person is very underweight. (everyone should have a regular doctor to do check-ups and answer questions.).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 12, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.