wondering if it's okay for me to have weight loss surgery?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics 22 years experience
Weight loss surgery: That depends. If you qualify for weight loss surgery (bmi over 40 and healthy, or bmi over 35 with medic problems) then you may benefit from surgery. It is important to have surgery at a practice with a tremendous amount of experience who have performed thousands of operations.
Dr. John Munshower
Surgery for weight : Speak to a surgeon who performs the procedure. Ask them at what weight do they recommend the surgery and after what modalities you can try to lose. Certainly, every surgeon is going to want you to go on a weight loss diet and exercise regimen first. Referrals to heart, lung and psychiatry, and often a sleep study may be preformed first before surgery is considered. Best wishes.