i have an impacted canine i wanted to do the surgery and get the chain thing to pull down the impacted tooth, hw long will it tke to grow?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jessica Allan
Depends: From my research it looks like takes about year. A rubber band is attached to the chain to put a light eruptive pulling force on the impacted canine. Slow process to move the tooth into its proper place in the dental arch. I would ask your dentist or orthodonist to explain the treatment plan for your specific situation.
Answered on May 23, 2015
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Complex issue: To bring in an impacted tooth requires braces to make adequate space for the tooth, as well as to provide anchorage to support the pull on the attachment on the impacted tooth. Time to deimpact determined by position of tooth, it's angulation, overlying bone, and many other factors. Ask a qualified orthodontic specialist to give you a time estimate determined by your specific diagnostic findings.
Answered on Oct 16, 2015
1
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Teamwork 6-8 month: Your orthodontist and oral surgeon can work together with with a combination of minor surgery to expose the tooth and an orthodontic bracket, to bring the tooth properly in alignment. Within 6-8 months, guided canine eruption may be achieved with sufficient attached gingiva.
Answered on May 23, 2015