MI

It has been two years since i had bunion surgery. why is my big toes still numb, lose my balance & have to wear socks year round, they are cold?

Dr. David Mai
Podiatry 16 years experience
Multiple causes ...: What type of bunion surgery was performed? During surgery, the nerve could have been inadvertently damaged causing the numbness. Losing balance could be a result of the type of bunion surgery ... The first metatarsal is not bearing most of the weight as a result of the bone cut. Would need more background information but you need to have someone review your history.
Dr. Dale Vancil
Podiatry 38 years experience
Permanent: Since it's been two years, i would suggest your observation is permanent. Were both bunions done because it sounds like your observation is going on in both feet? This could also be small vessel disease. That is a circulatory issue. Consult your local area podiatrist and ask if they do pad exam. This may not be related to the bunion surgery.

Last updated Jun 19, 2018