Concerns with amalgam fillings, what to do?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Don't be concerned..: Amalgam fillings have been used on billions of teeth for over 150 years... You'd think by now we would know if they caused health issues. If it would make you feel better, you can always have them changed to white fillings. Discuss with your dentist how much it will cost you and the risks/benefits; then you can determine if you would like to proceed.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 35 years experience
That depends: If your metal fillings are in good condition, leave them alone. There is a chance your teeth could be damaged removing a perfectly good filling. If you have fillings that need to be replaced anyway then you can have them replaced with white fillings. They may however not last as long as metal fillings.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Safe and durable: choice. Most research finds no relationship between fillings and symptoms of mercury poisoning or other side effects. Eventually, any cavity if not treated, can lead to pain, infection, root canal and even tooth loss. See your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and treatment.