my dr says i have "narrow angle" in my eye, but there are no signs of glaucoma. what could i have?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Bensinger
52 years experience Ophthalmology
Rarer form: This is a type of problem that occurs in older persons (usually over age 45-50 that are hyperopic (eyeglasses act like a magnifying glass) in which the iris can dilate and block the fluid outflow tracts in the angle of the eye, and the pressure can acutely rise. You are a little young form this but might have some issue in the future. A second opinion with ophthalmologist can be helpful.
Answered on Jan 13, 2014
Dr. Constance Okeke
21 years experience Ophthalmology
Your eye anatomy...: is such that where two structures meet in the eye, they form an angle. In you those structures are too close together hence being narrow. This angle is important because it is where your natural drainage system is in your eye. If it closes off, the pressure in your eye can go high very quickly and cause permanent damage to your optic nerve and possibly vision loss. Often laser is used to fix this.
Answered on May 29, 2015