PA

atypicals-zyprexa-latuda-seroquel etc. or anticonvultants-depakote-tegretol-lamictal etc..which are harder on your liver?

Dr. Mara Fiorentino
Liver function: Medications are often metabolized in the liver and their safety depends on its integrity. Tegretol induces its own metabolism. Depakote increases the amount of ammonia. Zyprexa, seroquel and Latuda (lurasidone) are metabolized by different metabolic pathways by citochrome p450 enzymes. Lamictal is glucuronized. The risk of liver disease due to these drugs depends on the dose of meds and the liver capacity.
excellent info.
Jan 11, 2014