U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

Shooting pain in fingers, hand and wrist. what kind of doc should i see about this?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Physiatrist: See a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, physiatrist for short. They can diagnose is this is a wrist issue or a neck issue and use nerve conduction studies and electromyography to help diagnose. Lastly they can also help direct exact physical therapy and/or interventional/surgical care needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 13, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.