India

Till which age height of boy will increase and what should i do to increase my height as i am tok short at age of 17 ..is exercise helpful give me ti?

Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 44 years experience
Adult height: With puberty there is a hormone surge (testosterone-boys, estrogen-girls) and this causes a growth spurt, but also closes off the growth plates, which stops growth. Once the growth plates are closed, you cannot grow further. Unless there was delayed puberty, growth plate closure has usually occurred by age 18. Exercise is always good, and may help you fill out, but will not cause growth.
Depends on bone age: The additional height anyone can expect depends on areas in the long bones (arms, legs)called growth plates. This is where growth occurs and an active open growth plate means more growth.An xray of the hands ; wrists can be evaluated for bone maturity since there are many growth centers to see.Proper diet and exercise help you reach your potential while lack of it can stunt you.Most 18 yo are done.
Last updated Apr 15, 2017