I have been craving salt quite a bit lately. i believe that my sodium level is normal, but have had these cravings for about the last 6-8 weeks?

Dr. Joel Rivera Jimenez
Cravings: Cravings could be for many reasons. Socially, mentally, personal reasons etc. If deficient in iron you might experience weired cravings as well. Get a complete labwork up to understand your situation a little further.
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine 34 years experience
Addison's?: There are causes of salt craving and of course, we always think of the worst when we see patients to save them from the worst. It is best to see your doctor to have it evaluated and treated properly as it may be just your taste, or it may really be in the presence of disease. You have had problems i can see that can cause problems so proper evaluations is imperative.
Dr. Warren Wolfe
More info needed: How do you know that your sodium level is normal. I think an appointment with an endocrinologist is in order. There are a couple of illnesses that may cause this but you will have to have an exam and some blood tests.

Last updated Dec 22, 2013