Canada

I have a skin tag that is half ripped off and bleeding a little. if i rip off all the way in a swift tear is this dangerous and will it grow back?

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 41 years experience
Not dangerous: If it starts to bleed after you rip it off hold constant pressure for 20 minutes. I would time that on a clock since it is a long period of time. Then use vaseline or aquaphor pointment on it everyday for about 5 days until it heals. It will probably not come back if you have managed to rip it off entirely. You may get others.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
ouch!
Dec 22, 2013
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care 36 years experience
See below: Clean area with some alcohol. Take a pair of scissors cleaned with alcohol and cut the rest off. Wash with soap and water. Apply antibiotic ointment and cover with a band-aid. Check your tetanus status.

Last updated Dec 2, 2014