what to do if as a kid, i used to get teased for having "vampire teeth" because my canines are very pointy. are they suppose to be pointy?

Dr. Kiyan Mehdizadeh
Dentistry 9 years experience
Actually, yes: It's difficult to explain here, but if your teeth are in proper position, then pointy canines can help protect your back teeth from wear and fracture.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 34 years experience
Yes: Canines are supposed to be pointy. The problem you encountered may not be because of the shape of these teeth, but rather because of their position. If your mouth is crowded, this can push the canines forward and make them look more prominent. This can be corrected with orthodontic treatment if desired.