A member asked:

I was prescribed quetiapine (quitipine) by my psychiatrist last week, what disorder does this treat?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

I am not sure : What it was being used for. Maybe bipolar disorder, sleep problems, psychotic illness, etc.

Answered 12/27/2013

4.6k views

Thank
Dr. Robert Killian answered

Specializes in General Practice

Quetiapine: This drug is used for a number of reasons in medication by psychiatrists, sleep specialists, addiction medicine specialists and family physicians. Did you not approach your physician with a specific problem? I always remind my patients that it is okay to ask me any question if they are unsure about anything in my treatment plan. I would hope you had this relationship as well.

Answered 12/27/2013

4.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more