what is a surgical procedure called that allows muscles and nerves to be regrown by stem cells?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Stem cell therapy?: I am certainly not an expert in this area but I am guessing that's what you are referring to.I dont think that this is not being done routinely on humans in the usa although the regulations are more permissive in other countries.
Answered on Dec 14, 2013
Dr. Robert Alexander
26 years experience Plastic Surgery
Biocellular Therapy: Uses biologics (from platelets or bone marrow) mixed with cellular source (fat) to obtain the stroma carrying a variety of stem/stromal cells helpful for healing. This mixture is often guided by ultrasound to insure exact placement into tissues that are damaged or diseased. Minimally invasive, using microcannulas (lipoaspirating) on small syringes to obtain the adipose cells.
Answered on Feb 25, 2017
1