U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Please help! what is the surgery procedure called that removes the boney growth i know the first word is alveo?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Cohen
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 44 years experience
Alveoloplasty: This is trimming and smoothing of the bone around your teeth.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 24, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.