Bosnia and Herzegovina

I am worried i have high risk oral hpv.dint get the vaccine.is tonsillar hpv infection linked with my chronic tonsillitis?will i get tonsil cancer?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Asked and Answered: First as you have been told there is no test and no way to predict you will get oral cancer. Second, as you have been told in nice and calm ways you are still not too late to get the hpv vaccine. Third, while you worry about your throat you should really also be worried about your cervix and participating with your gynecologist on a regular basis. There is no way to predict your risk.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
HPV: Hpv infections are shown to to cause cancer of the oropharynx (middle part of the throat including soft palate, base of the tongue, and the tonsils. In the United States, more than half of the cancers diagnosed in the oropharynx are linked to hpv-16, one of the types that also causes cervical cancer. You should be examined regularly and treated when necessary. Good luck.
Last updated Apr 9, 2021